Public Information Request
The Public Information Act
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
Complete the Online Public Information Form or Download Hardcopy and send to City Hall:
- by mail to: P.O. Box 840, Italy, TX 76651
- by Email
- by fax to: (972) 483-2800
- in person at: 101 West Main Street
Procedures to Obtain Information
- Submit a request online by mail, fax, email or in person according to a governmental body’s reasonable procedures.
- Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
- Cooperate with the governmental body’s reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.