The Building Inspection Department’s mission is to ensure commercial buildings and residential homes constructed, altered, or maintained in the City of Italy meet recognized standard for quality of life and building safety.
In order to facilitate this responsibility we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspection services to support enforcement of the International Codes.
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
161 West Main Street
P.O. Box 840
Italy, TX 76651
Phone: (972) 483-7329
Fax: (469) 257-0028
After hours water service: 972-483-6212
(This includes breaks and leaks in water mains and stoppages in sewer lines.)
Please see the City’s Code of Ordinances to view the current Building Codes used in Italy.
- Process permits and review plans for all remodeling and new construction.
- Conduct inspections for all permits issued upon client request.
- Enforce Codes to ensure public safety.
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work.
- Share information on construction procedures and code requirements.
- Manage and maintain records for all permits issued within the City.